Manila—(PHStocks)–Local shares recovered today, with the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) gaining 1.21% and breaching the 4,800-point mark again, to close at 4,816.33. All counters except the Mining & Oil Index posted gains.
Gainers were led by the Financials sector, which continued its on-week growth of 4.89% with a 3.23% increase today. The Holding Firms sector followed, with a 1.82% gain today.
About 3.94 billion shared changed hands today, valued at PhP8.96 billion. There were 112 gainers compared to 59 losers, while 36 stocks remained flat.
Below are today’s top gainers:
1. Keppel Philippines Properties Inc. (PSE: KEP): PhP3.60, +50%
2. Chemical Industries of the Philippines Inc. (PSE: CIP): PhP137.00, +48.51%
3. Imperial Resources, Inc. “B” (PSE: IMPB): PhP90.00, +45.16%
4. Berjaya Philippines, Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP24.00, +20%
5. Wellex Industries, Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.57, +20%
6. Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.55, +17.02%
7. Active Alliance Inc. (PSE: AAI): PhP49.50, +16.47%
8. Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP2.80, +14.29%
9. Megaworld Corporation – Warrants 2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP0.95, +11.76%
10. Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP1.68, +11.26%