The main board Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) made a rally Wednesday, propelled by a busy trading day, to close 0.56% or 21.26 points higher to 3,812.04 points. The Property sector led gainers with a 1.87% increase.
Overall, shares went up 2.21% on trading volume of 771 million, valued at PhP5 billion. Gainers led losers 66 to 56, while 51 stocks remain flat.
The top 10 gainers for the day are as follows:
- Aboitiz Transport System Corp. (ATSC) – Preferred (PSE: ATSP): PhP1.99, +42.14%
- Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. (PSE: TOL): PhP9.50, +26.67%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corp. (PSE: MVC): PhP1.30, +18.18%
Apex Mining Company Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP3.50, +7.69%
- Keppel Philippines Properties Inc. (PSE: KEP): PhP2.15, +7.50%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP3.30, +7.49%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources and Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.118, +7.27%
- Alcorn Gold Resources Corp. (PSE: APM): PhP0.018, +5.88%